Secure Application Embedding
This addendum to the numbered end-user license agreement (“EULA”) referenced above (the “License”) becomes effective on the date stated above (the “Addendum Effective Date”), on condition that you receive email confirmation from Darden Studio of its receipt from you of this Addendum dated and signed by an authorized representative of Licensee.
- The last sentence in section 1(a) of the License is hereby deleted in connection with the uses of the Font Software permitted by this Addendum. This Addendum is effective only for a term of one year from the Addendum Effective Date. All use permitted hereunder must be discontinued by the term expiration date, subject to all of the provisions of the EULA, unless you obtain a new addendum covering a future time period.
- Sections 1(b) and (c) of the License are hereby modified to additionally permit you to embed the Font Software within the digital application(s) associated with the licensed brand (collectively, the “Applications”), only if the following conditions are met: (1) the Font Software will not be installed in the devices’ system in a manner that renders it available to the user other than for use in the Applications; and (2) each Application is substantially connected to the licensed brand; and (3) the Applications prominently display the brand.
- The Addendum fee is based upon the average monthly combined active users (measured over a one-year period) for all of your Applications that embed the Font Software, and a user of multiple Applications is counted for each one, up to the maximum stated. The price of a new addendum will be based upon Darden Studio’s pricing tables then in effect, and issuance may be conditioned upon payment of any license fee shortfall for the expired year if actual use exceeded the license maximum. (For a multi-year Addendum, you will be asked to report actual use at the close of each year, and the fee is subject to an upward adjustment if actual use in a year exceeds the license maximum.)
- Section 1(f) of the License is hereby modified to permit you to subset the Font Software files embedded in the licensed Applications, on condition that you retain the Darden Studio name of the Font Software. Darden Studio is not responsible for any display or other technical problems which may occur as a result of your use of third-party software for this permitted modification.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does AMAU stand for?
AMAU stands for “Average Monthly Active Users”. This refers to the users of your app and is a metric we will expect you to collect and report to us. We will take the monthly average over a 12 year period.
- What if my application(s) are new (or about to change substantially) and I don’t have any stats yet?
We know what it’s like start a new project and want to support all our start-up customers. In this case we will trust you to make your best guess at the active monthly users for the upcoming 12 months. We will issue only a one year license (licensees with a history can get longer licenses) and we will work with you at renewal time to agree to a fair price for the previous year if it turns out that your estimate was low.
- What if I’m only using the fonts for headlines and will not have any user generated text? Do I still need an addendum?
The only question we ask is, “are the fonts embedded in the application?” Pricing is determined based on the number of active monthly users of your application(s) with no consideration to the way the fonts are deployed in the app(s).
- I need the fonts now but don’t plan to start public use on my website for a little while, can I add it later?
Yes. As with all our licenses, you can always add rights, CPUs or whatever, later. When you’re ready you can contact us with your shop order number and tell us what you’d like to add.
- Can I get a perpetual license?
At this time the maximum number of years we will license at a time is 5. Licensees whose websites have a history of use can license more than one year at a discount of 5% per additional year up to 20%. For example, if you license three years your entire license (including the first year) will be discounted by 10%.
- Do you count Roman (upright) and Italic as separate styles?
Yes, they are licensed and priced as separate styles.
- How do I request an app addendum?
If you’re planning on buying a desktop license, you will have the option to request the addenda as part of the process. We will then contact you to arrange the addendum. If you already have a desktop license or don’t need one, then please use our contact form.
Pricing for one year:
|AMAU||1 style||4 styles||6 styles||8 styles||12 styles||18 styles|